Top Ad
I DIG Radio
www.idigradio.com
Listen live to the best music from around the world!
I DIG Style
www.idigstyle.com
Learn about the latest fashion styles and more...

Lynn not offered a Queensland contract for next season

Written by 
Published in Cricket
Tuesday, 14 May 2019 22:50

Queensland have not offered a state contract to Chris Lynn as Australian states wrestle with how to contract limited-overs specialists.

In the 2018-19 season, Lynn was the leading run-scorer in the JLT Cup, Australia's 50-over domestic competition, making 452 runs at 75.33, including two centuries and striking at 117.70. He was selected in Australia's ODI side for the three-match series against South Africa last November and at the time was seen as a key component to Australia's World Cup chances.

But after modest returns in that series he was dropped from the ODI set-up and was not considered for the World Cup squad and for the 50-over A squad that will tour the UK during the World Cup.

Queensland released their 2019-20 contract list on Wednesday and Lynn was a notable absentee after being a late addition to the list in 2018-19. Bulls' coach Wade Seccombe stated Lynn remained an important part of Queensland's plans for 2019-20 despite not being contracted.

"Chris is very much in our thinking for our one-day set-up in light of his performances last summer and we will work closely with him in the lead-up to the season once again," Seccombe said.

The JLT Cup is expected to shift from a month-long tournament format at the start of the season to being interspersed with the Sheffield Shield across the summer, making it harder for states to predict player availability. Lynn hasn't played a Sheffield Shield match since March 2017, instead opting to focus on playing franchise T20 cricket globally.

ESPNcricinfo is aware of at least one other state that had an issue negotiating a contract with a white-ball specialist for the 2019-20 domestic season. English county cricket has white-ball contracts to allow players to be signed for T20s and 50-over cricket only, but with separate BBL franchises and contracts there is no such provision for Australian states at present under the current contracting system. Non-contracted players can be upgraded to full contracts during the season. Lynn would only need to play four List A matches to qualify for a contract on that basis.

Alister McDermott, son of former Queensland and Australia quick Craig McDermott, has been awarded a contract after three years out of the Bulls squad. Exciting young batsman Max Bryant and left-arm spinner Matthew Kuhnemann have been upgraded to full contracts from rookie deals last year.

Veteran fast bowler Luke Feldman announced his retirement at the end of the Sheffield Shield season while Peter George and Sam Truloff missed out on contracts for 2019-20.

Queensland Men's 2019-20 Squad: Usman Khawaja, Xavier Bartlett, Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Brendan Doggett, Cameron Gannon, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, Matt Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Alister McDermott, Michael Neser, James Peirson, Lachlan Pfeffer, Jack Prestwidge, Matt Renshaw, Billy Stanlake, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Jack Wildermuth Rookies Blake Edwards, Corey Hunter, Nathan McSweeney, Bryce Street, Connor Sully, Matthew Willans

Read 839 times

Soccer

Postecoglou on VAR: Might as well let AI be ref

Postecoglou on VAR: Might as well let AI be ref

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsTottenham Hotspur manager Ange Postecoglou bemoaned the time-consum...

Parsons: USWNT's Thompson best in NWSL in '25

Parsons: USWNT's Thompson best in NWSL in '25

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsTHOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- Angel City FC sporting director Mark Parso...

Maresca: My mistake nearly cost Chelsea win

Maresca: My mistake nearly cost Chelsea win

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsChelsea boss Enzo Maresca said he could have blown his side's chanc...

2026 FIFA


2028 LOS ANGELES OLYMPIC

UEFA

2024 PARIS OLYMPIC


Basketball

Nets coach on Ant scare: I have to move faster

Nets coach on Ant scare: I have to move faster

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsNEW YORK -- Brooklyn coach Jordi Fernandez took the blame for Minne...

Luka takes blame for 'unacceptable' night in loss

Luka takes blame for 'unacceptable' night in loss

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsLOS ANGELES -- Luka Doncic hit his first shot Thursday night, scori...

Baseball

Judge gets 500th extra-base hit; 3rd-fastest Yank

Judge gets 500th extra-base hit; 3rd-fastest Yank

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsNEW YORK -- Aaron Judge smiled and perhaps blushed when informed of...

Reds: 1st since 1960 to lose 3 straight by 1-0

Reds: 1st since 1960 to lose 3 straight by 1-0

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsMILWAUKEE -- The Cincinnati Reds lost 1-0 to the Milwaukee Brewers...

Sports Leagues

  • FIFA

    Fédération Internationale de Football Association
  • NBA

    National Basketball Association
  • ATP

    Association of Tennis Professionals
  • MLB

    Major League Baseball
  • ITTF

    International Table Tennis Federation
  • NFL

    Nactional Football Leagues
  • FISB

    Federation Internationale de Speedball

About Us

I Dig® is a leading global brand that makes it more enjoyable to surf the internet, conduct transactions and access, share, and create information.  Today I Dig® attracts millions of users every month.r

 

Phone: (800) 737. 6040
Fax: (800) 825 5558
Website: www.idig.com
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Affiliated