Top Ad
I DIG Radio
www.idigradio.com
Listen live to the best music from around the world!
I DIG Style
www.idigstyle.com
Learn about the latest fashion styles and more...

Four more lawsuits filed vs. Watson; total to 7

Written by 
Published in Breaking News
Friday, 19 March 2021 10:46

HOUSTON -- Four more lawsuits have been filed against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, alleging similar inappropriate conduct and sexual assault to the previous three that had been filed.

This brings the total to seven lawsuits filed against Watson by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee, who has said on Instagram that there are nine total cases against Watson. Buzbee told ESPN on Thursday via text message that his office has been in contact with police and that he would provide information to the police about all nine of the women who intend to sue Watson.

Houston police declined to comment to ESPN whether they're investigating the matter. A spokesperson for the Harris County district attorney's office told ESPN on Thursday that nobody from any law enforcement agency has provided information to the DA's office yet about the allegations involving Watson.

Buzbee will address the media in Houston on Friday afternoon, when he says he will provide some background about the seven lawsuits that have been filed and provide copies of multiple texts and messages relating to the suits.

After Buzbee's announcement of the first lawsuit on Tuesday, Watson responded on Twitter by saying that he rejected "a baseless six-figure settlement demand" and that this is "about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that." At the time of his statement, Watson said he had not seen the first lawsuit.

"I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect," Watson said in his statement.

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy on Thursday said "the matter is under review" of the league's personal conduct policy, and the Texans said they would stay in close contact with the NFL during the league's investigation.

The seven lawsuits filed so far depict a pattern of sexual assault against a massage therapist. While six of the lawsuits allege these were one-time encounters with Watson, one woman alleges she was sexually assaulted by Watson on multiple occasions. That lawsuit says the first massage was booked through the spa where the licensed aesthetician worked. The six other lawsuits allege Watson first inquired about the massage through Instagram direct messages.

Three of the four lawsuits filed Thursday night accuse him of inappropriate contact; the fourth said he forcibly tried to kiss a woman.

"Watson's behavior is part of a disturbing pattern of preying on vulnerable women," the fourth lawsuit reads.

Watson's agent, David Mulugheta, posted on Twitter on Friday.

"Sexual assault is real. Victims should be heard, offenders prosecuted," Mulugheta posted Friday. "Individuals fabricate stories in pursuit of financial gain often. Their victims should be heard, and those offenders also prosecuted. I simply hope we keep this same energy with the truth."

The Texans on Thursday again said they are aware of the matter.

"The NFL informed us [Thursday] that they will conduct an investigation into the allegations made in the civil lawsuits filed against Deshaun Watson," the team said. "We will stay in close contact with the league as they do. We continue to take this and all matters involving anyone within the Houston Texans organization seriously. We do not anticipate making any additional statements until the NFL's investigation concludes."

Read 323 times

Soccer

USWNT thrilled to welcome back 'unique' Rodman

USWNT thrilled to welcome back 'unique' Rodman

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsU.S. women's national team captain Lindsey Heaps hailed teammate Tr...

Liverpool show grit in Merseyside derby win, but is Van Dijk in decline?

Liverpool show grit in Merseyside derby win, but is Van Dijk in decline?

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsLIVERPOOL, England -- Liverpool restored their 12-point advantage a...

Simeone defends Atlético's season after Copa exit

Simeone defends Atlético's season after Copa exit

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsDiego Simeone insisted that Atlético Madrid had "competed well" thi...

2026 FIFA


2028 LOS ANGELES OLYMPIC

UEFA

2024 PARIS OLYMPIC


Basketball

Rockets' Brooks faces 1-game ban after 16th tech

Rockets' Brooks faces 1-game ban after 16th tech

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsHOUSTON -- Rockets forward Dillon Brooks faces an automatic one-gam...

76ers' Embiid set for arthroscopic knee surgery

76ers' Embiid set for arthroscopic knee surgery

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsThe Philadelphia 76ers announced that star center Joel Embiid is se...

Baseball

'Reason he's here': Crochet delivers for Red Sox

'Reason he's here': Crochet delivers for Red Sox

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsBALTIMORE -- Garrett Crochet gave the Boston Red Sox an immediate r...

Herrera hammers 3 HRs in first for Cards catcher

Herrera hammers 3 HRs in first for Cards catcher

EmailPrintOpen Extended ReactionsST. LOUIS -- When Ivan Herrera was signed by the St. Louis Cardinal...

Sports Leagues

  • FIFA

    Fédération Internationale de Football Association
  • NBA

    National Basketball Association
  • ATP

    Association of Tennis Professionals
  • MLB

    Major League Baseball
  • ITTF

    International Table Tennis Federation
  • NFL

    Nactional Football Leagues
  • FISB

    Federation Internationale de Speedball

About Us

I Dig® is a leading global brand that makes it more enjoyable to surf the internet, conduct transactions and access, share, and create information.  Today I Dig® attracts millions of users every month.r

 

Phone: (800) 737. 6040
Fax: (800) 825 5558
Website: www.idig.com
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Affiliated